Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
· Students must be enrolled in an educational institution as a full-time undergraduate or a full-time or part-time graduate student pursuing a degree (Associates or higher) in the field of food science and technology, or in one or more of the sciences or branches of engineering concerned with advancing food science and technology
· Students must be members of the Philadelphia Section of the Institute of Food Technologists
· Student’s permanent address (as shown by Driver’s License, passport or other documentation) must include the following Zip Codes OR the Student must be enrolled in a school which is located in one of the following Zip Codes: 080XX through 087XX 180XX through 181XX 183XX through 185XX 189XX through 194XX 197XX through 198XX
· Part time graduate students shall not receive tuition reimbursement from current employers
Along with a completed online application, please submit the following no later than
11:59 pm April 3rd, 2020.
– A copy of your transcripts (including all college/university work)
– Two letters of recommendations that speak to your scholastic achievements and personal character. (It is encouraged to have one recommendation from a professor and one from an employer, if applicable)
Deadline for all Application Materials: April 3rd, 2020.
Recipients will be selected in April and will be notified prior to Student Appreciation Night.
Scholarship applicants who meet the qualification and submit all application materials will be judged based on academic achievement, extracurricular involvement and activity in both the National and Regional sections of IFT.
Contact: Beverly Jaye Ballard
Philadelphia IFT Scholarship Chair