The 2018 Suppliers Expo and Symposium will take place on October 23rd at The Merion
Attendee Information is here.
View this year's Exhibitors here
Welcome to the Philadelphia Section of the Institute of Food Technologists
Philadelphia IFT is one of 53 regional sections of the IFT organization, a non-profit scientific society with 17,000 members. Our members represent all areas of the food industry, from packaging to manufacturing to research & development and beyond. With professionals in industry, academia and government, we strive to promote all aspects of food technology.
Whether you are a new student or a seasoned professional, you will benefit from being a member of Philadelphia IFT. Meetings occur several times throughout the year (check out the Events page) for fun and informative evenings with outstanding speakers and tours. These events provide you with the opportunity to network, be active in your local area and enjoy gourmet cuisine.
The Philadelphia Section of the IFT was chartered in 1945 and currently has over 300 members working from more than 100 companies. Members are Food Scientists, Food Technologists, Chemists, Biologists, Nutritionists, Engineer Professionals, Students, Lawyers, and Sales & Marketing Professionals. The Philadelphia section covers a widespread area including; parts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Read more about our history here.
Anyone with an interest in the food industry is welcome to join!
The objectives of the section are as follows:
• To promote interest in the field of food science and technology.
• To encourage and provide a means for discussing technical information relating to food.
• To advance the profession of food science and technology by promoting the maintenance of high professional standards among its members.
• To provide cooperative relations with the faculties and students of educational institutions in the section area that give food science and food technology related courses.
• To provide education and networking at the local level.
• To develop the leadership skills of its members through committee involvement.
|Copyright © 2014. Institute of Food Technologists | Philadelphia Section
All Rights Reserved. Contact Webmaster.